Saturday, March 29, 2014

Wardrobe Purge

It's an ugly fact but I need to face it: my spring break is coming to an end. I decided to have one last spring hoorah by attempting to purge my closet. I do closet purges often, but more often than I'd like to admit I end up keeping items that I know I won't actually wear simply because they cost my hard-earned money or look so good on a hanger. That was the case with this dress. Zara, worn once, adorable bird print, all with one little detail I can never overlook enough to wear: a peter pan collar. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I never really 'got' the fad, and now that the fad is over (right?) I especially can't take it. The collar always has and always will remind me of a little boy in a propeller beanie. That being said, I love the dress despite the collar and never was able to get rid of it. As I put it on tonight, as I do every purge, I just couldn't throw it out. Then it hit me: destroy the collar, save the dress.

Voila! The following picture is not intended to display what a lively, perky 21 year old I was, or what an exhausted, make-up free 23 year old I've become. Also, the exact same pose and the exact same nail polish were coincidences. Creepy! So instead of looking at those things, enjoy how this once juvenile dress is now just the right amount of not-so-juvenile that I feel okay wearing it out of my closet.



Scissors for the win!

Overall, the purge was a success. My closet is 9 tops, 9 dresses, 5 pairs of pants, and 6 skirts lighter than before.

Until next time,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment