Saturday, August 17, 2013

Almost Ready!

This week was in-service at school. For those of you who don't speak teacher, in-service is all the training, orientation, grade level meetings, and classroom preparation that goes on before students arrive. For me, this time also included hunting down curriculum, teacher editions, and textbooks I'll be needing. My most memorable moment this week was coming in Thursday morning and finding a HUGE pile of papers, binders, and about 8 boxes of books on my formerly empty table. Two hours and ten sneezes later, I had the dusty pile neatly organized in my storage closet. Good times.

I ended up doing everything except lesson plans this week, so that's how I spent my Saturday. I'm pleased to say that after 4 hours of typing, flipping pages, and using Google, I am finally set for Monday with ice breakers, lesson plans, rules and procedures. The fun part is that I won't actually know my class schedule until I arrive at school on Monday. Tomorrow I plan on taking pictures of my outfits for this week, but for now I'd like to share a couple pictures from my in-service experience. Enjoy!

This first picture is the curriculum someone dropped on my table while I was away. Please keep in mind that these are 3-inch binders busting open. What a surprise!


Next we have a sign that I made for my policies. I hate coming up with rules and thought this was cute and pretty much on target with what I want my children to understand.


Bet you can't guess what this next picture is...

That's all I've got for now!
Time to relax with some iced tea and Say Yes to the Dress. #guiltypleasure.
Until tomorrow,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment